Helping NFU members buy, generate and save energy
Helping NFU members buy, generate and save energy
The NFU Energy Service covers everything from buying and selling energy through to securing new connections and upgrades, wayleaves, energy regulation, compliance and energy efficiency; in fact, anything to do with energy in agriculture.
The service is delivered by FEC Energy, a leading agricultural energy consultancy, which is owned by the NFU.
Our services include:
Buy and Sell
- Get the best energy deal for your business, with no hassle and all the admin and paperwork done for you – encompassing fixed price energy contracts to more complex trading for bigger energy users.
- Get the best return on your renewables project, troubleshoot any issues, make the most of Government subsidies and ensure successful RHI accreditation and fuel sustainability reporting.
Use and Manage
- Reduce the amount of energy you use and save money with a DIY or on-site energy efficiency audit. We advise on the best solution for your site at the most cost-effective price.
- Make the most of the incentives on offer and remain compliant over the long term with our wealth of in-house knowledge about energy compliance and how different schemes work. We can manage the schemes for you – handling all of the paperwork and submitting returns on your behalf.
What does it cost?
- Initial advice is FREE
- Standard energy contracts have no upfront cost as these are covered by commission from the energy supplier
- For more complex energy agreements, you will pay a fixed fee or an agreed commission
- As each job is different, prices are on a case-by-case basis. However, NFU members get a 10% discount on fees
FREE expert advice is just a phone call away
It’s easy - just call NFU CallFirst on 0370 845 8458* so our experts can provide initial free advice on your energy query as quickly and effectively as possible. Remember to have your membership number handy when you call.
*Calls to 0370 number will be taken out of any inclusive minutes available on your mobile or landline national minutes plan. If not, it’s still no more expensive than calling national rate numbers starting 01 or 02.
As an NFU member, you always receive preferential rates, including 10% discount on all our standard fees.
- Save £1 million on their electricity bills
- Sell in excess of £30 million worth of electricity back to the grid
- Claim over £4 million in Climate Change Levy (CCL) scheme discounts, saving 30% on their annual fees
The NFU Electricity Buying Group
As an NFU Member, you could benefit from electricity buying groups run by the NFU Energy Service.
How does it work?
The NFU Energy service helped members to save over £1million in cheaper energy contracts last year and we could help save even more by negotiating lower prices with group purchasing. We are gathering as many NFU members together as possible and tasking suppliers to give us a bulk price for groups. In this way, we can get savings of up to 10% on normal one-off contract prices.
These buying groups are exclusively for NFU members.
How do you get started?
There are two easy ways to register your interest in the NFU Electricity Group Buying scheme;
- Click here fill in the application form and follow the instructions below:
- You will need to log in and then click on ‘My Profile’
- Once in the account area click on ‘Energy Service’
- Click on the green hyperlink ‘Click here to register your interest’
- OR...send us a copy of your Electricity bill. Send us your entire electricity bill with your application form and we will register your interest on your behalf. If you send us your electricity bill we will return it back to you.
Please return completed forms and/or entire electricity bill to the NFU Energy Service by email to email@example.com. If you have any queries please ring NFU CallFirst on 0370 845 8458.
Name: Jake Rice, Strawson Ltd.
Region: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Sector: Vegetable producer (leeks, carrots, potatoes, parsnips)
Energy Use: The site has a main office block, student accommodation house, 13 potato stores, a grain store, a packing shed, various workshops and an irrigation pump house. Electricity use amounts to 4.23 million kWh (£360,000) a year.
Requirement: Strawson Ltd. wanted to reduce energy cost as an overhead to the business and improve their understanding of energy consumption. Jake used FEC Energy to carry out an on-site energy efficiency audit through E.ON, their energy supplier.
What happened? FEC Energy engineer Jim Allen visited the site to assess the areas of primary energy use and advise where they could become more energy efficient and save money. Jake received an action list detailing the areas of energy use where he could make improvements and the associated potential cost savings. These totalled £38,000 a year and included:
- Compressed air control and leak detection – potential saving of £5,000 a year.
- Voltage optimisation – potential saving of £5,000 per year.
- Lighting upgrades – potential saving of £4,000 per year.
- Fan improvements – potential saving of £4,000 per year.
Name: Edward Backhouse, C.S. Backhouse
Region: Goole, Yorkshire
Sector: Potatoes and arable crops, including oil seed rape and wheat
Energy Use: C.S. Backhouse had installed two 500kW straw burning biomass boilers at two sites for drying grain and heating farm buildings, including the farmhouse. Since working with FEC Energy, they upgraded one of the 500kW boilers to 1MW one.
Requirement: Edward felt that his straw boilers (despite being newly installed) were underperforming in terms of efficiency and heat production. He contacted James Copeland from the NFU for advice. James provided him with contact details for FEC Energy and recommended he spoke to Jon Swain.
What happened? Jon visited the site to assess the boilers and found that they were underperforming. The report and recommendations, provided by Jon, enabled Edward to resolve the problem by replacing one of the 500kW boilers with a 1MW boiler to achieve the correct level of heat and efficiency. FEC Energy also handles the RHI Accreditations for the site.
“After chatting with Jon, I was confident that he was the right person to help us. He understood how the systems had been put together and how they should be improved. Jon has been invaluable in ensuring our new boiler is the right solution for us.”
Edward Backhouse, C.S. Backhouse Ltd