A full compliance service designed specifically for the Climate Change Levy (CCL) scheme. We represent some 700 farm and nursery businesses, working in partnership with the NFU.
Eligible businesses can receive a CCL discount in return for meeting energy efficiency or carbon-saving targets and we’ve saved our sectors £millions on CCL since the introduction of the scheme in 2001.
How it works
We guide you through the whole application and ongoing reporting process and make things as easy as possible by administering the scheme on your behalf. This saves you time and hassle and makes sure that your returns are accurate and you are fully compliant.
Our CCL service is for you if:
- You operate in the pig, poultry or horticulture sectors.
- Your monthly energy bills are attracting CCL tax.
- You want to improve the energy efficiency of your business.
How you benefit
- Easily work out if it’s worth your while joining scheme and, if so, reduce the amount of CCL tax you pay on your energy bills.
- Reduces the burden of administering the scheme yourself – you keep all the necessary records and we provide the process, system, regular communications, and ongoing support to make all the reporting and admin as easy as possible for you.
- Assures your compliance with the scheme for as long as it lasts – you benefit from our experience of running the scheme since it started in 2001 and we keep on top of and let you know about all scheme changes and developments.
- Access to and simple explanations from friendly, down-to-earth advisers - to help you understand exactly what you need to do and answer any questions at any time.
- Easily demonstrate your green credentials to your customers and supply chain.
- NFU members save £173 on their registration fee and up to £1,450 on annual fees.
What to do next
Call 024 7669 3043 and ask to talk to Steve or Tim in the CCL team to discuss your eligibility for the scheme and first steps. Please have to hand details of how much fuel you use each year when you call.
Or visit our dedicated CCL website to find out more about joining the CCL scheme.