A full compliance service designed specifically for the Climate Change Levy (CCL) scheme. We represent some 700 farm and nursery businesses, working in partnership with the NFU.
Eligible businesses can receive a CCL discount in return for meeting energy efficiency or carbon-saving targets and we’ve saved our sectors £millions on CCL since the introduction of the scheme in 2001.
How it works
We guide you through the whole application and ongoing reporting process and make things as easy as possible by administering the scheme on your behalf. This saves you time and hassle and makes sure that your returns are accurate and you are fully compliant.
Our CCL service is for you if:
- You operate in the pig, poultry or horticulture sectors.
- Your monthly energy bills are attracting CCL tax.
- You want to improve the energy efficiency of your business.
How you benefit
- Pay a reduced the amount of CCL tax on your energy bills. 90% relief on CCL paid on electricity rising to 93% in 2019 and 65% relief on CCL paid on Gas, LPG and Coal rising to 78% in 2019.
- CCL membership fulfills the energy improvement plan requirements of certain Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC)/ Environmental Permitting Regulation (EPR) regulations that you may be subject to.
- Demonstrates to your customers that you have official energy saving targets and committed to improving the energy sustainability of your business.
- You will not be impacted by the hike in CCL rates in 2019.
- Being a member of the only scheme available to reduce payable CCL tax.
- Help your business focus on becoming more energy efficient with a target to meet.
What to do next
Call 024 7669 3043 and ask to talk to Steve or Tim in the CCL team to discuss your eligibility for the scheme and first steps. Please have to hand details of how much fuel you use each year when you call.
Or visit our dedicated CCL website to find out more about joining the CCL scheme.