Energy use for many businesses has a significant impact on the bottom line and an increasing impact indirectly on a company’s reputation within their respective industry. The average SME’s energy use in the UK is around 50,000 kWh per annum, with large businesses often using considerably more, so it is important that its management is in safe hands.
Energy Account Management (EAM) is our solution to take care of all your business's energy needs including buying and selling, generating, using and managing, and compliance so that you can concentrate on your main business activity. We can offer a solution to cover all of your requirements in one tidy package – we can:
- Negotiate the best contract for you whether that is fixed or fully flexible - we can present all available options to you so you can make an informed decision.
- Get the best price for any generation - we currently manage a portfolio of electricity generators with an annual income of over £20 million in export sales from >100 MW of generating capacity.
- Check your energy purchases or sales to make sure you receive exactly what your contract entitles you to – many of our clients find our regular simplified reporting to be extremely useful to their business.
- Manage all of your government incentives, deal with submissions to and correspondence with Ofgem - ensuring that you remain compliant with the various schemes. This represents a massive time saving for many of our customers.
- Ensure that you don’t fall foul of compliance - whether they are voluntary or compulsory schemes, our expertise and experience beyond just being a broker is what sets us apart from other organisations.
Our extensive experience with Government departments, industry organisations, research bodies, utility companies and manufacturers, helps us keep you informed about the latest developments in the energy industry and how they might impact your business.
As an example, one of our larger EAM clients has 30 MW of natural gas on-site generation and a total electricity import contract totaling 100 GWh. In addition, they export in the region of 100 GWh and we have been successfully arranging their import and export contracts to get them the best possible price, ensuring their compliance with both mandatory and voluntary schemes along the way, offering them expert advice and reporting all under one simple agreement.
The best bit about it is that unlike other brokers, we charge transparent fees for our services, either as a fixed up-front cost or via commission if preferred. There will be no hidden commissions or undisclosed penalties for under-performance.
Join us at the UK AD and World Biogas Expo at the NEC Birmingham this week on 11 and 12 July to find out more. The team will be on the NFU Energy Service Stand, number G605.
If you are unable to make it to the event and would like more information, please give our team a call on 024 7669 8885.