On 20 September, around 40 delegates joined us for an afternoon of presentations on the topic of energy storage. The event was organised by GrowSave, a knowledge sharing project, delivered by FEC Energy on behalf of AHDB Horticulture. Delegates heard how energy storage methods could benefit them, both financially and in terms of their energy supply. The speakers covered the following key topics:
- Battery storage – is it the next big thing?
- The whys and how’s of heat storage
- Making the grid work for you
- What the future may hold for glasshouses
A full event write-up will be available along with video highlights and copies of the presentation slides on the GrowSave website.
We have a further three GrowSave workshop days planned over the next few months. Here is a little more information about each event and a link to book on:
What is next for renewable heat?
- Date: 17 October 2017
- Venue: The Old Manor Hotel, Leven Road, Lundin Links, Nr St Andrews, KY8 6AJ
- This event aims to help growers understand more about the recent legislative changes to the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). Click here for more information.
Looking after your biomass boiler
- Date: 23 November 2017
- Venue: Newlands, Pagham Road, Lagness, Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 1LL
- Are you responsible for a biomass boiler? Do you know if it is efficient or operating at its best? If you don’t know the answers to these questions then this event could be for you. Click here for more information.
Basic humidity control
- Date: 17 January 2018
- Venue: Bordon Hill, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 9RY
- This event will explore the issues around humidity control, how it can be achieved and why it’s important, as well as introducing some of the new thinking about glasshouse conditions. Click here for more information.
GrowSave is currently celebrating ten years of helping horticulture save energy. Follow #GrowSave10 on Twitter to find out more.